Built in the 19th century in the Cognac region, the ancient grain mill of Pinthiers, with its authentic paddle wheel, became the family distillery in 1923. Well hidden amongst the greenery and set upon a small island, the old limestone building, which is surrounded by lime and willow trees, is bordered by two arms of the River Seugne, which flows down into the River Charente. It is an outstanding distillery, hidden on its own island!
Emile Perrier founded his first distillery in Bussac-Forêt in Charente-Maritime at the end of the 19th century. In 1923, he set up the Distillerie du Donjon at n° 20, rue des Cordeliers in Pons.